Young Soloists Project
Soloists of New England (SONE) cultivates performance skills and inspires artistic excellence in the future generations of musicians by offering opportunities to perform as young aspiring artists. Our mission is to help the next generation of artists deepen their musical education and professional development. We assist them to raise appreciation for the music in our society and pursue musical careers.
The 2nd Young Soloists of New England Award
Winners of the competition will be chosen through a recording audition process. The selected Young SONE will be given the opportunity to perform at SONE's upcoming concert on November 17th, 2018 at Bruno Walter Auditorium at Lincoln Center in New York.
- Instrumental Soloists ; Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello and Woodwind
- Open to young musicians of all nationalities and countries
- Age 9 to 17
- Repertoire Requirements
- Do not exceed 7 minutes.
- From the standard repertoire from any period (Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary periods).
- One movement of a Sonata or Concerto will be accepted as a separate piece.
- Contestants must perform by memory.
- Only unedited video made within 6 months of the deadline can be accepted
- Winners will perform at SONE's concert at Bruno Walter Auditorium at Lincoln Center in New York.
- Honors Certificate
- How to Apply
- Application fee $35 ( Pay by personal check or paypal)
- Please mail your Audition Materials and Application Fees.
- Click the below "Apply Now" and submit the form to get a chance!
- If you wish to send an online link, please be sure to upload video or YouTube link.
- Application must be received by September 30, 2018.
Detailed recital Guidelines will be emailed to the winners along with the notification of their award.
All Participants are responsible for their own expenses related to the Concert Participation.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.